Which MMO will last until the end?

Home/MMO Games Discussion/Which MMO will last until the end?
Which MMO will last until the end? 2009-03-13T07:04:00+00:00

Home Page Forums MMO Games Discussion Which MMO will last until the end?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    #31505 |

There are so many mmorpgs out there, not many of them can last like WoW.
    A lot of them already or nearly out of business, some of mmos are still fight at the edge and may get the chance to stay until the end.

First game come up in my mind that i think may out of mmorpg soon is Warhammer Online(http://www.warhammeronline.com) Although,WAR PvE and RvR elements are well done IMO and theres is a strong story behind the quests that draws from Warhammers mass of lore and history and really immerses you in the Warhammer universe. However, looks a lot like World of WarCraft, it is like WoW clone. it’s hard not to notice some of the similarities. Soon I think soon it may join the WoW and become part of it :D.

The game I think will last until the end will be Age of Conan(http://www.ageofconan.com) – Age of Conan is a good range of classes that offer a variety of engaging play styles, particularly when you consider the game’s take on melee combat. It’s got a different, enjoyable gameplay style, offers a free-for-all PVP experience. Also it is getting better after several updates, specially the big one in last month, introducing new land area, a new dungeon, new quests and hours of more adventure. Also, as far as crashes are concered, the last few patches addressed most, if not all, of the causes. The game runs better and better.

Which game do you think will be the first out of mmorpg gaming industry?
    And which game will last until the end(maybe not forever, but at least 10 years like WoW)?

martixaction

There are so many mmorpgs out there, not many of them can last like WoW.
    A lot of them already or nearly out of business, some of mmos are still fight at the edge and may get the chance to stay until the end.

First game come up in my mind that i think may out of mmorpg soon is Warhammer Online(http://www.warhammeronline.com) Although,WAR PvE and RvR elements are well done IMO and theres is a strong story behind the quests that draws from Warhammers mass of lore and history and really immerses you in the Warhammer universe. However, looks a lot like World of WarCraft, it is like WoW clone. it’s hard not to notice some of the similarities. Soon I think soon it may join the WoW and become part of it :D.

The game I think will last until the end will be Age of Conan(http://www.ageofconan.com) – Age of Conan is a good range of classes that offer a variety of engaging play styles, particularly when you consider the game’s take on melee combat. It’s got a different, enjoyable gameplay style, offers a free-for-all PVP experience. Also it is getting better after several updates, specially the big one in last month, introducing new land area, a new dungeon, new quests and hours of more adventure. Also, as far as crashes are concered, the last few patches addressed most, if not all, of the causes. The game runs better and better.

Which game do you think will be the first out of mmorpg gaming industry?
    And which game will last until the end(maybe not forever, but at least 10 years like WoW)?

onthemove

i think atlantica online will make the mmo last.. and some other games have private servers so its kinda sucks playing in the private servers.. hehehe.. ^_^

handofmidas

i havent tried playing warhammer but my friends who played world of warcraft tried it out. they got hooked in the game for quite some time, but if warhammer doesnt release a good sequel then i guess it’ll be out of business soon.

regarding atlantica, it could be a promising game. i heard there are a lot of people playing there since they already have 6 servers up running i think

Anonymous

I just played Flyff and Atlantica online, hmmm I don’t have an idea which game will last till the end… coz I haven’t try all of them.. hehee

trapezonian

Well Ragnarok is the first and so far it is still alive. Atlantica Online is a new and promising game I think it will also last.

handofmidas

i still know a lot of people who play world of warcraft. i told them to try out atlantica online since its free and its not too bad for a free mmorpg game. totally worth the time.

mmodude

I just started Atlantica Online and so far so good so I think it has a chance but i really can’t say. ::fingers crossed::

elit3gam3r

i also believe on that opinion ^^

vonkeitz

i’ve play different kinds of games but i havent play MMO game for that long i think the max was 2 years. now im playing atlantica online for 4 months going 5 i hope i wont get bored to this i hope they will add more features to keep on the game. so far i really like it doesnt have a single dull moment in playing this.

uhjpae

As of now the pioneer MMORPGs that are still running here in the Philippines are Ragnarok, Flyff and RFonline. Even though their golden age has passed many still play them. There are many new MMORPGs released now but for me their mainly for income and I think that the rich ones will dominate the game. So it’s really hard to choose a good game and which will last until the end. ^^V

elit3gam3r

not all rich players can dominate the game. you can still beat them in pvp or FL especially in atlantica online. i guess you forgot to add the cabal online is a good game also in your country. lol ^^

lm8dark

Actually this is a very hard question to answer. Of course different generations will look for a different more updated game suiting to their era (if we really are talking about lasting until the end of time). but yeah Ragnarok online is still alive and kicking here in the Philippines. haven’t really tried all of the mmos to say which will last. Btw, for cabal, just remove the bots and it may have potential.

uhjpae

skyr3ss wrote:

not all rich players can dominate the game. you can still beat them in pvp or FL especially in atlantica online. i guess you forgot to add the cabal online is a good game also in your country. lol ^^

At first I really liked Cabal online. Leveling is easy even if you’re a
    highbie. But after some time, I realized that the Force Bladers dominate the game so I got bored because my character was a Blader. And also, in Cabal you can make your character stronger if you’re rich by buying premium items. I was never really a fan of premium items. ^^

nik88

I think WoW will last a really really long time and the only thing in the future to potentially end WoW’s reign on top is Blizzard themselves. They would either have to release a patch or expansion that just totally kill the game. The only other way would be if their new MMO turns out to be better than WoW. Blizzard will still be on top but WoW may fall then, but I doubt it.

As far as games that have been around a long time and are still going. Well EVE Online seems to always be around and having quite a few players, as well as Ultima Online which has been around since 1998, has 9 expansions and 2 sequels and is still releasing new content.

So in the long run I’d say as a major game WoW will always be on top with sheer numbers, but there are also games like EVE and Ultima that have a dedicated fan base that will keep them around for a long long time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar