Newbies review of Atlantica Online

Home/MMOABC Discussion/Newbies review of Atlantica Online
Newbies review of Atlantica Online 2008-12-25T23:36:00+00:00

Home Page Forums MMOABC Discussion Newbies review of Atlantica Online

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    #31201 |

I just want to share my personal review of Atlantica Online, although I had been playing the game for less than a month, virtually a nebie hehe. I decided to create this post so other MMO players will see how this game came to be my latest MMO addiction lolz.

Atlantica Online has introduced this new turn-based system for battles which is unlike ordinary MMOs that are hack-and-slash based.It’s a free to play MMORPG which is unique in many ways. For one is that the game introduces this new turn-based battle system which is unlike your typical MMOs that is hack-and-slash type which I also personally find dull and repetitive.

Another awesome feature that this game has is the political aspect. It allows guild masters to govern towns, and eventually form a country. Decisions will be made by the guild master on various aspect of the town from security, culture, and economics that have direct implications about that town or country.The in-game economy is craft based that will guarantee a real in-game supply and demand, to the extent that items/gold will have real good value and will be worth playing

Atlantica Online, although have an Item Mall, they sell items which are not that rare and can be obtained by normal play (without needing to spend money). It really does not matter if you choose to spend money or not just to enjoy the game.

nik88

Nice review, that political system definitely sounds interesting. Depending on how the developers created it, it could make for a very dynamic and interesting gameplay variable. Keep us posted on your experience with the game as you play it more and I may be persuaded to give it a try.

alexalekhine

OK I will keep you posted. Thanks for the reply.

I just want to share my experience of obtaining my very 1st treasure map. I got this treasure map from a quest, and wondered about it and then decided to activated it. After activation it, it showed a treasure map (of course) with an indication that I should go near the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur. I only got 5 mins to go there and claim my treasure, but I’m still at the korea. Eventually I arrived in Malaysia and got my 1st look at a treasure chest. I was so amazed and once I opened it, I obtained a Thoroughbred hehe. My very 1st. I was so happy since it cost about 2 million, if I am going to buy that in a market. What a treasure indeed. =)

alexalekhine

OK I will keep you posted. Thanks for the reply.

I just want to share my experience of obtaining my very 1st treasure map. I got this treasure map from a quest, and wondered about it and then decided to activated it. After activation it, it showed a treasure map (of course) with an indication that I should go near the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur. I only got 5 mins to go there and claim my treasure, but I’m still at the korea. Eventually I arrived in Malaysia and got my 1st look at a treasure chest. I was so amazed and once I opened it, I obtained a Thoroughbred hehe. My very 1st. I was so happy since it cost about 2 million, if I am going to buy that in a market. What a treasure indeed. =)

tinapaner

Yes turn based combat is much better that those hack and slash MMORPGs, with this format you can device strategies and tactics in order to be successful in battles. I was playing WOW then I tried AO, I felt excitement and longing for more of AO than WOW right after a few days, all I can say is that hack and slash MMORPGs is a mindless game, boring and it lessens your gaming skills.

tinapaner

Yes turn based combat is much better that those hack and slash MMORPGs, with this format you can device strategies and tactics in order to be successful in battles. I was playing WOW then I tried AO, I felt excitement and longing for more of AO than WOW right after a few days, all I can say is that hack and slash MMORPGs is a mindless game, boring and it lessens your gaming skills.

nik88

Ya I agree with you to a certain extent tina. Most hack-n-slash games are pretty mind numbing, such as WoW. But it still always seems like they have the best story lines and gameplay. I think one of WoW’s most drawing points for most of the hardcore players is the Lore behind it, and the fact that Blizzard has excellent support and there are very few noticeable bugs in the game, and they get fixed fast. I have yet to give AO a try but if it’s like most F2P’s I’ve played it has a good system and potential to be top MMO contender, but just doesn’t have the developmental power to make it to the top. Another good one I played was RF Online. Great game, awesome combat and story, but just didn’t have the developmental power to make it a top contender.

nik88

Ya I agree with you to a certain extent tina. Most hack-n-slash games are pretty mind numbing, such as WoW. But it still always seems like they have the best story lines and gameplay. I think one of WoW’s most drawing points for most of the hardcore players is the Lore behind it, and the fact that Blizzard has excellent support and there are very few noticeable bugs in the game, and they get fixed fast. I have yet to give AO a try but if it’s like most F2P’s I’ve played it has a good system and potential to be top MMO contender, but just doesn’t have the developmental power to make it to the top. Another good one I played was RF Online. Great game, awesome combat and story, but just didn’t have the developmental power to make it a top contender.

alexalekhine

RF Online is one of the biggest games here in the country that I live at. But well, Atlantica Online has this new updates and upgrades that distinguishable since there was a recent update that have new places (Ancient Amersicas and Central Chine) and mercenaries (Sailor) coupled with it. Although there are bugs that needs to be fixed, but this game is relative new and I think there GM support is good as well. Hehe.

alexalekhine

RF Online is one of the biggest games here in the country that I live at. But well, Atlantica Online has this new updates and upgrades that distinguishable since there was a recent update that have new places (Ancient Amersicas and Central Chine) and mercenaries (Sailor) coupled with it. Although there are bugs that needs to be fixed, but this game is relative new and I think there GM support is good as well. Hehe.

nik88

Anything new with Atlantica Alex?

nik88

Anything new with Atlantica Alex?

alexalekhine

There is a new patch for atlantica online today but there is no information about what changes and anything new about it(if any). And I still cant hire those new Mecenaries since my in-game level is too low. I think you have to be at level 100 or so, to hire them. hehe.

alexalekhine

There is a new patch for atlantica online today but there is no information about what changes and anything new about it(if any). And I still cant hire those new Mecenaries since my in-game level is too low. I think you have to be at level 100 or so, to hire them. hehe.

onthemove

nice review you got their alex… i also play atlantica but since my character is a low level i cannot hire spartan or sailor.. but i like the sailor mercenary… hehehe…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar